- Notices for circulation to Chamber members
- Chamber Events
- Chambers Ireland Media
Notices for circulation to Chamber members
Chambers are encouraged to promote and share the following notices will members through their website or through social media. Information can be copied as stands or edited accordingly
- Registration for the European Parliament of Enterprises 2016 is now OPEN
EUROCHAMBRES, in cooperation with Chambers Ireland and the European Parliament, will host the 4th “European Parliament of Enterprises” in Brussels on the 13th October 2016. More than 800 entrepreneurs from 45 European countries, from all business sizes and sectors, will gather in the hemicycle of the European Parliament in Brussels to act as MEPs for one day, debating and voting on crucial policy issues. This is an exciting opportunity to showcase the European dimension and international opportunities available to Chamber members. The aim of the event is to provide policy makers with direct, bottom-up feedback on EU policies affecting the business community.
Topics for debate will include trade inside and outside the EU, energy and environment, skills and migration. Registration for the European Parliament of Enterprises is now open and will close on the 13th September 2016. We encourage all chambers to promote this excellent opportunity to their members. Each chamber may nominate no more than two businesses/entrepreneurs from the chamber so as to ensure regional balance. Please find attached a “Save the Date” to circulate to your members and visit our website to learn more about the EPE http://www.chambers.ie/events/european-parliament-of-enterprises-2016/. SMEs interested in attending should send their registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Union Customs Code- Guidance for Exporters
The Union Customs Code (UCC) is part of the modernisation of customs and serves as the new framework regulation on the rules and procedures for customs throughout the EU. Its substantive provisions entered into force on 1 May 2016. The UCC is meant as a natural evolution towards a modern customs environment for which the results and benefits will be grasped only when it will be implemented in its full capacity by the end of 2020 with a view to offer greater legal clarity, streamline legislation, simplify rules and procedures and complete the shift to a fully electronic and interoperable system. While the substantive provisions of the UCC entered into force on 1 May 2016 it is necessary to have a transition period before full implementation can be achieved. This transition period lasts until 31 December 2020 at the latest.
Resources and further information can be found on our website.
- CIF Regional Briefings
Construction Industry Federation is running a number of briefings targeted at construction companies and their suppliers. The purpose of the events is to spread awareness about recent legislative changes and to ensure that both contractors and their suppliers understand the new regulatory and payment regime that has been introduced for the construction industry.
It may be helpful for Chamber members if they can make sure that the construction companies that they are supplying products and services to are properly informed and as a result solvent.
Link to the event and registration is here: http://cif.ie/images/pdfs/STR.pdf
- Mediation Awareness Week
Mediation Awareness Week, 10th to 15th October 2016, will highlight the benefits of mediation and the opportunity it offers to resolve conflict right across our society. During this week, mediators from community groups, professional bodies, educational establishments, public bodies and family interest groups will give their time voluntarily to help the Irish public understand what mediation is and the important role it can play in resolving disputes between individuals, businesses and community organisations. In September 2015, Chambers Ireland launched a service, the Business and Commercial Mediation Scheme. The initiative was developed by a cross section of bodies (Chambers Ireland, the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, the Law Society, the Bar Council of Ireland and the Mediator’s Institute of Ireland) with the objective of promoting the use of mediation as a cost and resource efficient way for businesses to resolve commercial disputes. The scheme is also supported by the Courts Service of Ireland. As part of our support for Mediation Awareness Week, we encourage chambers to host events for their members on the benefits of mediation for business.
If you chamber is interested in hosting such an event, please contact email@example.com for more information.
- eir Business Elevation Awards 2016
The eir Elevation Awards 2016 are now open and calling on entries from Ireland’s fastest growing companies of 2016. The closing date for award entries is September, 22nd, 2016, and entries are made via http://eirelevationawards.com
The eir Elevation Awards 2016 recognise the growth and ingenuity of the fastest growing businesses across Ireland and the specific reasons for their success. With a spotlight on innovation, international scalability, differentiation and strategic investment to the Irish economy, the Awards celebrate the success of Ireland’s fastest growing companies. There are seven categories including Manufacturing, Health & Life Sciences, Social Entrepreneurship, Emerging fast Company Award, FMCG, Services, and Technology. The winners will be announced at the eir Elevation Fast Company Awards Lunch in The Marker Hotel on November, 4th, 2016.
The eir Elevation criteria are as follows;
- The applicant can illustrate revenue growth for up to 4 consecutive years prior to application
- The applicant company is registered in Ireland and has been operating for no more than 15 years
- Revenue must be related to core trading income, excluding related party transaction
- The company must demonstrate achievements across: ideas/concept; innovation; revenue growth; market share; scalability and profitability
Last year’s winners included Voxpro, Ocean Harvest Technology, Cupprint, Rye River Brewing, FoodCloud, Revive Active Products, Vizor Ltd and 3D4Medical.
The eir Elevation prize fund enables winners to grow their business even further. The overall Grand Prix Winner receives a media package to the value of €50,000 with Business & Finance Media Group which includes advertising and editorial, print and digital, and all category winners receive two places to attend the 42rd Annual Business & Finance awards on December 15th at the Convention Centre Dublin. The eir Elevation awards allow the winners to network throughout the year at various physical touch points including workshops and the final event.
All upcoming Chamber events can be viewed on the Chamber Ireland website at: http://www.chambers.ie/events/events/
Upcoming events include:
- 1 September 2016 – Chambers Ireland CSR Awards 2016
- 2 September 2016 – Cork Chamber: Brexit Business Breakfast in association with Irish Examiner
- 2 September 2016 – Gorey Chamber: Build Your Business networking event
- 7 September 2016 – Shannon Chamber: Breakfast Briefing: Early Observations from the Workplace Relations Commission
- 7 September 2016 – Limerick Chamber: Getting the Right People
- 8 September 2016 – Waterford Chamber: Business After Hours event
- 8 September 2016 – Cork Chamber: Golf Classic 2016
- 10 September 2016 – Cork Chamber: Lunch on board the Brittany Ferries “Pont Aven”
- 20 September 2016 – North Kildare: Women in Business event in collaboration with Network Ireland – Kildare Branch
- 21 September 2016 – North Kildare Chamber: Captains of Industry Corporate Golf Outing
- 23 September 2016 – Wexford Chamber: Business Networking Lunch Series 2016
- 29 September 2016 – Carlow Chamber Business Awards 2016
- 29 September 2016 – North Kildare Chamber: Corporate Members Lunch
If you have any events you would like included on our events page please send to firstname.lastname@example.org including links back to your own Chamber page.
Chambers Ireland in the Media
- Quarterly National Household Survey Results
Print & Online
Irish Independent, 24 August 2016, Number of emigrants returning home soars
- ELG Awards 2016
Dun Laoghaire Gazette, 18 August, 2016, Council claims three places in awards list
- Carlow Chamber Business Awards Launch
Nationalist Carlow, 23 August 2016, Business awards will recognise those who can make Carlow great