3rd & 10th September
Price / Member’s Price €60.00 / €60.00
50 Place’s Available
Our trainer for this course is Judie Russell from the Vidacademy.
Judie graduated from University College Cork in 2006 with Masters in Business Economics. Over the next 5 years, she lived and worked in 11 countries. In Costa Rica she worked as video journalist presenting and producing over 100 minutes of video content weekly from live shows to news programmes. On returning to Ireland she directed, produced, presented and edited a magazine show that was broadcast weekly on SKYtv. She edited RTE’s longest running hidden camera show “The Fear”, and she was part of the small team behind the box office hit “The Young Offenders” – the fastest Irish film to reach the one million mark at the box office in 2015. Judie spoke at MojoCon 2016, the largest mobile journalism conference in the world, about how she turned her passion for storytelling into a mobile video training business and has since trained thousands of professionals in video production. She lectures part-time in a communications module in University College Cork and is a qualified project manager specialising in video with UCC Academy Consultants.
Participants who fully engage will:
- Learn how to plan videos
- Gain confidence in filming and presenting content to camera as a key remote learning tool (pre-recorded and live streaming)
- Become familiar with editing software and slide design to create machine/equipment video training demonstrations
- Build engagement and learning measurement into training plans
Pointers for using training videos for staff induction and step by step machine/equipment will be included.
The workshop will be delivered through Zoom . The course will run on the 3rd and 10th September from 9.30am – 1pm.
- 8 steps to Planning excellent Videos
- Filming tips and techniques
- Video editing demo
- Assignment and Q&A
- Assignment Review
- Video editing demo
- Delivery live online training – slide design tips
- Measuring engagement and understanding