Choice is an Irish owned and operated family business that has been trading successfully in Ireland for over 40 years. Thanks to our loyal customers we have expanded and developed over that time, and now employ over 300 people in our stores, head office and 2 distribution centres. Our ethos is to offer a large variety of quality products at the lowest prices possible, we always give our customers more choice and more value.
Leading by example, you’ll role model the Choice way of doing things. Highly present and hands-on, you will make sure that every team member understands the importance of sales and the part they can play in making the store successful. Every week you’ll build customer loyalty, and high operational standards.
A confident and charismatic leader, you will really have a passion for retail and the knowledge and experience necessary to drive sales, profitability and develop your team into the next stage of their career. You will be able to plan, prioritise and manage finances and people, and what will set you apart is your attitude, mindset and leadership skills. We expect you to take huge pride in what you do, and you’ll make sure that the shop floor looks amazing, and all of the stock is merchandised in the correct place looking its best. Your desire to do the right thing for your team and your customers, while shaping a meaningful career for yourself will give you a meaningful career at Choice.
We don’t expect you to know everything about Choice. This is why we train you at our training academy and develop our Store Managers to build the knowledge, confidence and skills they need to be the best and give our customers exceptional service every time they visit our Stores. However, you will need enthusiasm for customer service, good leadership skills, the motivation to learn and a real passion for helping people and going that extra mile.
· Provide Training and development to all members of your team within the stores.
· Actively manage employee performance and probation reviews through the relevant procedures
· Ensure new and existing plans, procedures and updates have been communicated efficiently to all members of each store team
· Lead by example and be a role model, always display exemplary leadership behaviour
· Deliver an exceptional customer focused store experience by leading the team to a customer focused approach
· Ensure yourself and the team have up to date product knowledge, achieving customer loyalty and building the reputation of the brand
· Organise workflow, ensuring the team understand their roster, duties and delegated tasks
· Visually ensuring the store always looks great having a keen eye for detail for merchandising and standards
· Monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching
· Flexibility, willing to take on additional tasks and assist in the execution of new projects
· Maintain a professional positive ‘can do’ attitude at all times
· Overall responsibility for each store performance, ensure sales targets are met and all KPIs are meeting expectations
· Ability to learn a variety of job descriptions
· Professionally deal with any complaints/requests from customers to maintain the Company’s reputation
· Oversee in store promotional/seasonal displays
· Maintain strict levels of confidentiality with regards the business and its employees
· Follow and implement all Company Policies and Procedures to help drive the business
· Follow and carryout Store Cash Management and back office processes
· Ensure store Security and Health & Safety procedures are followed and implemented at all times
· Any other duties that may be assigned to you by your Manager
Experience & Qualifications:
· At least 1 years retail management experience in a fast paced environment
· Experience of managing a large team
· Excellent people skills
· Excellent store standards
· Can foster excellent working relationships with many different people across different functions and locations
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
· Strong Leadership skills
· Evidence of building and nurturing a team
· Amazing attention to detail and a keen eye for merchandising
· This is a full-time 40 hours per week permanent role.
· Working any 5 out of 7 days including early, late and weekend shifts.
· Competitive salary
· Cycle to work scheme
· Staff discount
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Education opportunities
· Ongoing training