Closing date for applicants will be week ending 15th August.
Empower Your Excellence – Learn, Progress and Excel with #TeamTalbot
Would you like to pursue a career as a chef? Would you like to join a company that is committed to developing and progressing our team? Are you hard working and eager to learn? If you answered yes, the ‘Talbot Collection Chef Development Programme is for you’!
What is involved?
Talbot Hotel Wexford and the Talbot Collection have partnered with the Kildare and Wicklow ETB (KWETB) to deliver our Talbot Collection Chef Development Programme commencing on Monday 13th September 2021. We are looking for 4 enthusiastic trainee chefs to join our team.
Our 3-step approach
1. 12 weeks’ full-time training offsite
– 12 weeks’ full-time and paid training in KWETB professional training kitchens (starting 13th September 2021)
– Programme is free to trainees and each will receive a salary
– Accommodation and meals provided in the Talbot Hotel Stillorgan for the 12-week period
– Complementary bus to and from Talbot Hotel Stillorgan to training kitchens each day
– Award Achieved – City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Culinary Skills. This is equivalent to a QQI Level 5 Award.
2. On-the Job Training
– Learn & work on-the-job with a team of experienced chefs in your relevant Talbot Collection Hotel
– Full-time and salaried contract in your local Talbot Collection Hotel as a Junior Commis chef
– Minimum contract of 27 months
– Continuous development by way of on-the-job training and experience, as well as additional online modules
– Opportunity to take part in the Level 6 National Commis Chef Programme;
3. Progress & Excel
– Work hard, progress and excel in your career as a chef with a growing, progressive and family-owned Irish company
The finer details:
– 27-month contract to include, 3 months offsite training and minimum 24-month commitment to the Talbot Collection thereafter;
– Must be available to attend training centre in Bray/Wicklow full-time for a 12-week period, commencing 13th September;
– Full attendance required. More than 2 days of absence will result in automatic removal from the programme and the termination of your contract;
– Accommodation, meals and bus transfer provided from Talbot Stillorgan;
– Must be available to work 3 Saturdays during the 12-week period in your relevant Talbot Collection hotel;
– Must be in a position to take up full-time employment in your relevant Talbot Collection Hotel on completion of your 12 weeks off-site training;
– Must live within the proximity of a Talbot Collection Hotel and be able to commute to work /have own transport;
– Must be available to work flexibly in your relevant property, to include evenings and weekends;
What qualities will our trainees have?
Be passionate about food and focused on pursuing a career as a chef;
Be available and willing to commit to full-time employment with the Talbot Collection for a minimum of 27 months;
Be hard-working and possess a positive can-do attitude;
Be eager to learn and motivated by increased knowledge and progression;
Have an advanced level of written and oral English. All classes, assessments and on-the-job training are completed in English;