Full Job Description
Talbot Hotel Wexford, part of the Talbot Collection is currently recruiting for a Senior Chef de Partie to join our team.
- To prepare, cook and present all dishes and sauces to a high quality and consistent standard;
- Have the ability to work in various kitchen sections, if and as required;
- To ensure all dishes are prepared in a timely fashion;
- To operate in a safe and responsible manner with recognised techniques;
- Supervision of kitchen staff in Head Chef’s absence;
- To assist Head Chef with menu review and costing of the same.
- Ordering the hotels food requirements in Chef’s absence or when directed;
- To operate with a huge standard of personal hygiene;
- To assist in achieving the best gross profit levels and to control wastage;
- To assist the Chef in all training plans and records, to discuss with Head Chef performances of all kitchen staff;
- To assist and carry out all HACCP controls as required under legislation;
- To control storage of food and assist in food stock control;
- To ensure all record- keeping in relation to hygiene is maintained;
- To work as part of a busy kitchen team and overall as part of a professional hotel team;
The successful candidate must have:
- Previous experience in a similar position, preferably in a 4* hotel environment;
- Be HACCP trained and hygiene focused;
- Have a professional appearance & a positive work attitude;
- Ability to work as part ofa team in a busy kitchen environment.
Be flexible and available to work varying shifts, 5 out of 7 days, to include weekends.
What do we offer?
- Complimentary Leisure Club Membership
- Discounted Accommodation Rates
- Life Insurance
- Employee Counselling Line
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Christmas Savings Scheme
- Free parking
- Staff Meals
***Talbot Collection Wexford is an equal opportunities employer***