The Department of Rural and Community Development has announced funding of €260,000 for Streetscape Enhancements for County Wexford in a maximum of five towns/villages. The scheme is designed to support the upgrade and enhancement of shopfronts and street facades of defined areas within selected rural town/village centres under the Government’s 5-year strategy “Our Rural Future”.
Wexford County Council invites applications from owners of commercial, residential, or unoccupied buildings in the following Towns/villages who may have suitable premises for consideration under the Scheme:
- Gorey Town,
- Enniscorthy Town,
- New Ross Town,
- Kilmore Quay,
- Wexford Town
The maximum grant per building is €8,000 and eligible works include but are not restricted to:
- Painting including Murals
- Signage replacement
- Shopfront improvement/repairs
- Replacement of shop fronts
Grant funding will be provided at the following rates:
- 70% for Individual premises – 30% matched funding to be provided by building owner
- 80% for Joint applications (groups of 3 or more adjacent premises) – matched funding 20%
- 100% – Where painting is undertaken by direct labour by applicant
To apply, download and complete the application form click here.
Completed application forms must be accompanied by a current photograph of the front of the premises and may be submitted –
- By post to – ‘Streetscape Enhancement Measures Scheme’, Wexford County Council, Economic Development Section, Carricklawn, Wexford. Y35 WY93.
- By email to – email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: Tuesday 7th September 2021, 5pm
If you have any questions call us on 0539122226.