These measures are now in place. They are part of the roadmap for reopening society and business.
COVID-19 is still having a major impact on our country. By working together we have made progress – but the virus is still in Ireland.
As we reopen our country, it is vital that we all continue to observe the public health guidance. To stay safe, you need to limit where you go and limit the number of people you meet.
Here are five things you should know for Phase 2:
- Stay Local:You may travel within your own county, or up to 20 kilometres from your home if crossing county boundaries.
- Meeting other people:You may meet up to 6 people from outside your household both indoors and outdoors for social gatherings. Organised outdoor exercise, sporting, cultural or social activities of up to 15 people may take place.
- Shops:All retail is reopening. Shop locally, shop safely and support businesses in your community.
- Work from home:It is more important than ever to work from home where possible.
- Transport:Walk or cycle if you can. Only use public transport if you absolutely need to. Public transport capacity is limited because of social distancing requirements.