- Notices for circulation to Chamber members
- Internal Chamber notices
- Chamber Events
- Chambers Ireland Media
Notices for circulation to Chamber members
Chambers are encouraged to promote and share the following notices will members through their website or through social media. Information can be copied as stands or edited accordingly
- Chambers Ireland Corporate Social Responsibility Launch 2017
Chambers Ireland’s Corporate Social Responsibility Awards seek to recognise the outstanding work of businesses that are committed to having a positive impact on the communities in which they operate. The CSR Awards is an opportunity for businesses to showcase their achievements in a variety of categories from volunteer programmes to CSR communications initiatives, environmental initiatives and more. The Awards are open to businesses of all sizes engaged in CSR, from SMEs to MNCs. Join us as we celebrate excellence and innovation in corporate social responsibility by Irish business. For more information contact Chambers Ireland on 01 400 4300 or visit csrawards.ie
Taking place on Thursday the 9th March from 11am to 1pm, at the Arroll Suite, Guinness Storehouse, the launch will provide an overview of the 2017 Awards, the judging process and information on how your business can get involved. Chambers Ireland staff will be on hand at the event to answer any questions and provide guidance on the application and judging processes. At the launch, a panel of CSR experts will also discuss harnessing partnerships to deliver best practice in CSR, how collaborations and combining skills can deliver high levels of social impact and best practice in relationship management.
To register your attendance email email@example.com by Friday 3rd March 2017
- SMEs and Trade- Ready2Go Programme
The European Commission and the European Agency for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (EASME) launched “Ready2Go” to support European SMEs to internationalise and become active in five target Third-Country markets.
Ready2Go provides an individual training and coaching programme which will be specifically tailored to the business. The aim of the training will be for each business to create an International Business Plan, a strategic outline to set goals and kick start international progress. Each participating company will receive on-distance support and advice from Ready2Go throughout the programme. The selected participants will benefit also from the opportunity to explore overseas markets; not only can they choose to attend 2 additional trainings taking place in 5 different cultural hubs across Europe but they will also attend up to 2 networking events in the target countries, with expenses partially funded.
The Ready2Go programme is available only for 80 selected companies. The 80 winning companies will:
- take part in 3-day individual training and coaching programme event (to take place at the company’s’ headquarters) between June and August 2017.
- take part in the 2-day training being held in European cities between July and October 2017.
- draft their internationalization business plan with the support of Ready2Go.
- take part in up 2 matchmaking events to be held between November 2017 and July 2018 in two of the following countries: Canada, Cameroon, Chile, India and United States.
Online application is available at www.b2match.eu/ready2go and must be submitted by the 31th March 2017. Further information about eligibility and selection criteria, dates and the programme are available at www.b2match.eu/ready2go. Please see attached a brochure for the programme. If you have any questions regarding the attached, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- NI Chamber of Commerce-Connecting for Growth Cross Border Networking
The Connecting for Growth programme is designed to facilitate increased business between companies from Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland through a cross border networking event and two Meet the Buyer events. Places can be booked here.
The annual Connecting for Growth cross border networking event at Titanic Belfast on 15 March 2017 provides attendees with the opportunity to:
- Hear from Keynote Speaker, John Hurley Head of B2B, Partner and Channel Marketing, DAA
- Network with 180+ delegates across a range of sectors
- Engage in structured networking sessions increasing cross border business opportunities
- Find out who the buyers are and how to apply for a meeting at the upcoming Connecting for Growth Meet the Buyer Event
- WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement entered into force
Last week Chambers Ireland along with our ICC colleagues welcomed the entry into force of the World Trade Organisation’s (WTO) Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) a landmark global trade agreement which could provide a boost to global trade flows of over US$1trillion.
For more information on the TFA read the latest blogpost on the Chambers Ireland website here
- EirGrid “Planning our Energy Future” Public Consultation
EirGrid has developed four possible scenarios which consider how electricity may be generated and used years from now – and what this means for the electricity grid of today. This is the first step in the process – “Planning our Energy Future”.
For EirGrid the key to success in this process is to examine a range of ways that energy use in Ireland may change. They have developed four scenarios with government departments, agencies and energy research groups. Now EirGrid want to hear your views on them.
The Tomorrow’s Energy Scenarios 2017 Consultation Document contains all you need to know about the draft scenarios.
The consultation process is open until 3st March 2017 and feedback or questions can be sent to email@example.com
- EESC Information Centre and European Parliamentary Research Service Newsletters
Please find attached the EESC Information Centre’s recent Newsletter, presenting new acquisitions, and the EPRS newsletter, containing a selection of its most recent publications and briefings.
For more information on the EESC Information Centre visit their website here