Following feedback from HR Leaders, we have recognised a need for businesses to provide training for their Managers in HR processes. You have told us how you need your managers to have an awareness of procedures, knowledge of language and legislation and an ability to address different situations that arise through the life cycle of an employee.
We have listened and come up with a solution.
HRing for Managers is a HR Series of 5 individual Workshops:
1. Recruitment & Onboarding
2. Performance Management & Employee Engagement
3. Employee Relations & Mediation
4. Talent Management & Succession Planning
5. Employee Exit – Resignation/Redundancy/Retirement/Dismissal
Each session has been designed as a stand alone workshop, that can be completed on its own or in combination with some or all of the other workshops, pending your individual needs.
All frontline employees, managers and team leaders who have HR/people related responsibilities within your organisation
To provide attendees with the essential knowledge, skills and tools for HR Best Practice throughout the employee lifecycle within your organisation.
Workshop 1 – Recruitment & Onboarding:
Date: 7th November 2023
Time: 9am – 1pm
Location: Wexford Arts Centre
Cost: €65 per person
€50 for companies with 3 or more employees attending workshop
Included: HRing for Managers – Recruitment & Onboarding Workbook with relevant tips, checklists and case studies
To provide attendees with the essential knowledge, skills and tools for:-
- Identifying the value proposition of new recruits understanding how to align their skills, experiences and attributes with the organisation’s mission, values and business requirements.
- Understanding the importance of and format for effective interviewing. Knowing the legislation to ensure fairness, equity and equality
- The need for planned and thorough onboarding which allows the new employee to understand the priorities of the business and perform effectively with required supports.
- Understanding the Employee Value Proposition
- Interviewing skills for the Interviewer
- Effective Onboarding Practices
Participants will: –
- Learn how to identify and articulate the value proposition of potential hires and utilise this to assess suitability for the business
- Gain an understanding of the format and importance of effective interviewing.
- Get some insight into how to design and conduct an interview process that is both thorough and equitable while observing key legal aspects to avoid biases and discrimination.
- Understand the critical elements of a well-planned comprehensive onboarding process.
- Explore strategies for helping new employees in their role and providing necessary support to optimise time to production
- Understand the importance of mentoring, coaching and continuous feedback for new hires.
- Be equipped with a workbook which is tailored to allow them to apply their learnings to their own business as they go through the day.
Your Workshop Facilitators:
Dara O’Leary, Sunshyne Coaching – Dara has worked in the HR profession for over 20 years across multiple industry sectors including the Public Sector, Education, Banking, Charity, Sports, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Tech and more. She holds a BSc in Human Resource Management and is a Chartered member of the CIPD, in the HR field. Dara currently works as an HR Consultant with SME’s, providing advice and support in all aspects of HR. She is also an EMCC Accredited Personal Leadership & Executive Coach. To find out more about Dara visit – http://www.sunshynecoaching.ie
Darerca Flynn – HR Success – Having worked with a variety of businesses in the UK and Ireland in the HR function, Darerca set up HR Success in 2020. Darerca’s aim is to support small businesses who don’t have the capacity or budget to have a full time HR resource. Darerca focuses on providing a bespoke service tailored to an organisation’s values and working style. She works with small businesses to ensure that their HR efforts protect their Brand & business reputation. Darerca focuses on the impact on and the impact of your employees with an emphasis on Personal Connection. This in turn gives you control and confidence in your business. To find out more about Darerca visit – https://hrsuccess.ie/
To find out more about this new programme and/or to book places, please contact email@example.com