Who Should Attend?
The content of this programme is a high level look at increasing dementia awareness. In general it will be very beneficial to anyone who wishes to learn more about dementia, it is also broadly applicable to families of a person with dementia.
- To develop familiarity and raise awareness of dementia
- Break down the stigma associated with Dementia
- Encourage the support of people with dementia in their community
- Equip people with some skills to support and engage appropriately with people with dementia.
- Recognise when a person may have dementia
- Identify common challenges a person with dementia may encounter in public situations
- Consider a range of options for supporting the person when faced with these challenges
- Identify ways of improving the environment to become more dementia friendly.
Who are Bluebird Care?
Bluebird Care provides
Home Care services throughout County Wexford to people of all ages and all
abilities so that they can live independently at home and in their community.
Bluebird Care provides care and support to older people, people with
physical disabilities, people with intellectual disabilities as well as care
What is the Understand Together Campaign?
Understand Together is a public support,
awareness and information campaign led by HSE, working with The Alzheimer
Society of Ireland and Genio campaign
This event is open to the general public. Booking is essential, to book a place call New Ross Library on (051) 421 877