Businesses, SMEs, Tidy Towns Groups, Co-operatives, Community Groups, Schools, Sports clubs, Local Authorities and individuals are urged to contact us now as it is expected that the grant scheme will receive a high level of interest.
Better Energy Communities (BEC) is a national retrofit initiative managed by the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI). BEC offers a win-win grant aid solution for businesses, SMEs, parish halls, GAA clubs, farmers, charitable organisations, community groups, Tidy Towns Groups, public authorities, individuals and sports clubs to both lower their energy bills while reducing energy usage.
On Tuesday, 3cea hosted an Information Workshop explaining the SEAI’s grant application process. The event recording can be found at the following link https://youtu.be/W_Z9vGQHEbA
Funding & Supports Available
Under the BEC programme, up to 50% funding is available for community projects and up to 30% funding is available for businesses, SMEs, large industry and commercial buildings.
How can 3 Counties Energy Agency help?
- From initial application to final grant sign-off, we can project manage the entire process
- 3cea team has been successful in securing energy grant funding across all sectors
- Over the past 5 years, 3cea have assisted in the delivery of cumulative energy savings of more than €19.6 million through the Communities Energy Grant (BEC) initiative
Upgrade Measures supported by the grant
- Building Fabric Upgrades such as wall insulation
- Technological improvements such as boiler replacement or controls upgrades
- Energy Efficient Lighting
- Renewable energy solutions
- Heat Recovery Solutions
- Domestic Combined Fabric Upgrades
How to be included in a grant application?
If you are interested in being part of BEC 2021, please fill out the short form at https://3cea.ie/bec-contact/ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your interest and we will be in touch. We encourage you to get in contact with us now to check your eligibility and arrange an energy audit if required.
Sample projects in County Wexford
In New Ross, we helped the Woodbine Heights Community Centre achieve 50% savings on its annual energy bills.
We helped Stafford’s Bakery in Wexford achieve savings of €130,000 per annum on energy cost through the installation of PV panel system and roof insulation upgrades.
In Wexford Town, we helped Wexford County Council to retrofit 12 x 1-bedroom bungalows. Major renovation works were carried out to improve the BER to an A rating.