As you may be aware, the national rollout of Rounding will happen on 28th October 2015. This follows a successful trial supported by Wexford Chamber of Commerce in 2013 showing strong support for Rounding. From 28th October, where a total bill is being paid in cash and the number of cent to be paid does not end in zero or five, the amount of change to be paid will be rounded to the nearest five or ten cent:
- 1 and 2 would be rounded down to zero;
- 3 and 4 would be rounded up to 5;
- 6 and 7 would be rounded down to 5; and
- 8 and 9 would be rounded up to 1.
We expect that many retailers will be participating in Rounding. To facilitate this, the Central Bank has produced retailer packs containing three stickers, three till wobblers and a poster for in-store use to indicate that Rounding is being applied. The Central Bank will be delivering these packs to stores in a number of different ways:
- Direct mailing to 20,000 businesses;
- Available for collection at Local Enterprise Offices nationwide;
- Available for collection at Chambers of Commerce nationwide;
If anybody needs a pack or wants additional packs, please contact Catherine D’Arcy at Wexford Chamber email@example.com or 053 91 22226.
If you want additional information, or would like to organise a charity or other initiative in your area centred on Rounding again please contact the Chamber.