The CSO have today issued Overseas Travel figures for the period covering February to April 2015. The main points in today’s release are as follows:
- Total overseas trips to Ireland for the period February to April 2015 were up by 14% on the corresponding period last year.
- Visitors from Britain grew by 10% while North American visitors were up by 20%
- Mainland European visitor numbers grew by 15% with strong growth from France (+15%), Germany (+10%), Italy (+42%) and Spain (+25%).
- Overseas visitors from long haul areas increased by 24% in the three month period.
- Irish resident trips abroad grew by 8% on the same three month period last year.
- Speaking about the figures, Fáilte Ireland CEO, Shaun Quinn siad –
“With all our key markets delivering an overall increase of 14% visitors tourism businesses around the country are upbeat and seem set for one of our best tourism seasons yet.
“Our experience and value for money ratings are continuing to improve, making Ireland a much more popular holiday choice than before.
“The appeal of our Wild Atlantic Way continues to increase and with growing interest the Ireland’s Ancient East and Dublin brands, the future looks bright for jobs and earnings in Irish tourism.”