On 4 August 2020, the Government announced that the move to Phase 4 that was planned for 10 August 2020 will now be delayed for at least 3 weeks until 31 August 2020.
Additional measures announced include:
- Pubs that do not serve food will not be able to reopen on Monday 10 August 2020
- Restaurants will have to close at 11pm
- Face coverings will become mandatory in shops and shopping centres from 10 August 2020
- The current restrictions on indoor and outdoor gatherings will continue with up to 50 people allowed to gather indoors and up to 200 allowed to gather outdoors
- 5 countries – Monaco, San Marino, Gibraltar, Malta and Cyprus – have been removed from the COVID-19 Green List of countries that you can travel to without having to restrict your movement for 14 days when you return home.
- The public health advice continues to be that that the safest thing to do is not to travel abroad.