South East BIC is delighted to be involved with Taking Care of Business – a one-stop-shop event for existing and potential entrepreneurs in the South East region.
This free event will take place on Thursday 30th April in the Tower Hotel, Waterford from 8.30am to 1.30pm. It is specifically targeted at people thinking of starting a business, as well as small business owners and managers. Attending the event will allow entrepreneurs to:
- Better understand the key regulations that affect them so that they can focus on the main task of running their business;
- Meet experts from a broad range of public bodies in an informal setting;
- Find out about advice and supports that are available from across the public sector.
This joint initiative of the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation and the Health and Safety Authority, as part of the Action Plan for Jobs, will bring together over 26 State bodies in one location and builds on previous events in Dublin in 2013 and 2014.
Earlier in 2014, three regional events were held in Cork, Limerick and Galway, bringing the total attendance at TCOB events to date to just over 1,750.
The State offices and agencies represented will provide information across a wide range of areas, including:
- Tax, employment and Health & Safety obligations
- Legal requirements for setting up and running a business
- Requirements in areas such as food and environmental safety
- Advice on government procurement and intellectual property
- Assistance and supports from enterprise agencies and Local Authorities
Attendance is free but registration is required, early registration is recommended.
www.takingcareofbusiness.ie is now open and ready to accept registrations