Thursday 18th May 2pm – 3.30pm
Register here: www.southeastenergy.ie/events
This workshops will:
- Outline the findings of the Wexford Grid Study carried out into grid availability in county Wexford
- Provide guidance for community groups interested in developing a renewable energy project in the local community
- Provide greater detail on the steps and barriers you should look out for when developing a community led solar or wind projects
Welcome and Intro
- Rationale for Community-led Renewables Development & Working with Wexford Communities
- RESS updates and SEAI Community Enabling Framework
- What is Citizen Energy Community and Renewable Energy Community?
Wexford Area Grid access
- Policy on Grid for Community Projects
- Overview of Wexford Network
- Results of Grid Study
- Recommended steps for Community
- Typical Development Steps, Timeline and Expenditure for Wind and Solar projects
- Feasibility Screening
- Planning Studies and Planning Process
- Community Legal Entity Options
- Geographical Link and Remit
In this event, we will share the findings of the study they carried out into grid availability in county Wexford. In order to develop a renewable energy project, there must be capacity in the electricity grid to take the power you produce. A study was recently carried out to determine where the greatest opportunity for community renewable energy may be. Mullan Grid Consulting is an electrical engineering consultancy specialising in the grid connection and electrical design of renewable generators. Mullan Grid compiled the Grid Study that will be discussed.
The workshop will look at the various steps and considerations a community must take in the development of a renewable energy project. In this session, BioXL will speak on key development tasks in renewable energy projects. This session will be presented by Tom Bruton of BioXl, an energy consultancy with expertise in renewable energy.
*Places are limited.
*Prior registration is required in order to attend the event.
Please note this event will be recorded.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details