NEW FRONTIERS IS IRELAND’S NATIONAL ENTREPRENEUR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME, DELIVERED AT A LOCAL LEVEL BY INSTITUTES OF TECHNOLOGY AND FUNDED BY ENTERPRISE IRELAND.
The mission of New Frontiers is to create regional and economic prosperity, by eﬀectively supporting highly ambitious entrepreneurs who are capable of creating sustainable new businesses and jobs. If you have an innovative business idea and are planning to establish and run your own company, the New Frontiers Programme can provide you with help and support to accelerate your business development. It will equip you with the skills and contacts that you need to successfully start and grow your company.
WHAT CAN NEW FRONTIERS OFFER ENTREPRENEURS?
- Training in all areas of business including ﬁnancial management, market research and validation, business models, patenting, product development, business development and sales.
- Personalised hands-on support, advice and mentoring from experienced business advisers and practitioners.
- Peer group learning from participants in the region and across the country.
- Oﬃce space and other business incubation facilities.
- Funding stipend of up to €15,000.
- Networking opportunities with other entrepreneurs and business development agencies.
- Introductions to seed and early-stage capital investment networks.
- Access to entrepreneurship best practice – both national and international.
- Expertise from higher education institutes and the supportive environment of their business incubation centres.
- Access to the expertise in Enterprise Ireland through its Market Research Centre.
NEW FRONTIERS IS A THREE-PHASE PROGRAMME, DESIGNED TO PROVIDE AN INTEGRATED AND COMPREHENSIVE SET OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SUPPORTS TO PARTICIPANTS
PHASE 1 – TESTING YOUR BUSINESS IDEA
- The aim of Phase 1 is to establish if your idea can be turned into a viable business proposition.
- Delivered over a number of days during a 10-week period.
- Weekend and evening workshops.
- Continue in your current job if you are working.
- Business validation and market research workshops.
- Peer-to-peer networking and learning.
- De-risk your business model. n Arrive at a go/no-go decision. n Preparation of an application for Phase 2.
PHASE 2 – BUSINESS PLANNING
- The aim of Phase 2 is to support you in the development of an investor-ready business plan.
- Designed for entrepreneurs with strong business propositions showing potential for growth and job creation.
- Participations for Phase 2 are selected following a competitive application process.
- Based in the campus incubation centre of your local higher education institute.
- Full-time participation in this six-month programme of workshops, mentoring and regular reviews.
- Validate your business proposition, identify potential customers, sales channels and funding options.
- Financial assistance of up to €15,000.
PHASE 3 – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- The aim of Phase 3 is to assist you in establishing your business and developing a client base.
- Potential to move to Phase 3 on the basis of performance and suitability.
- Continuing support and use of facilities at your local campus incubation centre.
- Secure environment from which to further develop your market base.
- Membership of the New Frontiers network and alumni.
- Signposting to securing investment.
- Guidance to the most relevant supports for your business at its particular stage of development.
New Frontiers 2016-2017
Phase 1 – Key Dates
Closing Date for Phase 1 applications – August 25, 2016
Commencement Date Phase 1 – September 6, 2016
Workshops will be held on Tuesdays from 5.00 to 8.00 PM
Venue: ArcLabs Research & Innovation Centre, WIT West Campus Carriganore, Waterford. See follo9wing link for location: http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/52.2542/-7.1842
Completion Date Phase 1 – October 26, 2016
Closing Date for Phase 2 applications – November 1, 2016
Phase 2 interview Date – Nov 29 & 30, 2016
Commencement Date Phase 2 – December 7, 2016
Note: The above dates are subject to minor changes.
To download application please click here: New Frontiers SE Application Form Phase 1 2016