Stress is the epidemic of our time. With over 80% of employees in Ireland experiencing increased stress and an estimated 11 million days lost through absenteeism at a cost of €1.5 billion to employers annually and the cost of ‘preenteeism’ estimated at 10 times that, the benefits of wellbeing at work programmes have never been better understood.
Wellbeing at work is a high performance investment to support employee, team and company health and success. It involves creating a mindset and culture in which effective habits and working strategies rather than unhealthy stress and burnout are the drivers of success.
Wellbeing strategies are shown to pay off as companies on the Fortune ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ list have outperformed the S&P 500 stock list by almost two to one over the last 20 years. Further, 6 out of 10 employees are more likely to stay with an employer that cares about their wellbeing (IBEC).
The course will be run over a half-day and cover:
- The duties and responsibilities of employers in the area of health and wellbeing – What we must do and what is good to do – Legislation, best practice and what works
- The benefits of wellbeing (including staff retention, engaged and happier staff and higher performance)
- The obvious and hidden costs of not having wellbeing to employers
- Signs of over-stress and burnout
- How to boost individual wellbeing
- How to boost team wellbeing
- The challenge of shift work
- Wellbeing and customer relations
- Global wellbeing trends
- Bringing it all together
session will be interactive and a range of presentation styles will be used to
make it varied, interesting, motivational and practical. Handouts will be
About the Facilitator
Calodagh is the Founder and CEO of Spiritual Earth. Their programmes help people and teams effectively manage stress, enhance performance, boost overall wellbeing and achieve inner balance. Calodagh writes a regular weekly column on wellbeing for independent regional publications around Ireland. Current clients include a range of Fortune 500 Companies, NGOs, government offices, entrepreneurs and SMEs. To learn more about Spiritual Earth’s wellbeing at work programmes visit: